Contact Us: (707) 645-7210
Appointments can be made by calling
Bay Area Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at:
707-645-7210, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
After hours, a message can be left and will be returned during the next business day.
In order to expedite your check-in and minimize wait times, we ask that you pre-register with our office. This may be done by completing our registration packet prior to the date of your scheduled appointment. For your convenience this packet is located in the above “patient forms” link. Once completed please mail, email or fax your new patient packet as well as a copy of your insurance card. If you are unable to pre-register, please complete your packet and arrive at least 30 minutes early to your scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
• New Patient Packet – completed
• Your insurance card or other health coverage information.
• Some insurance carriers require you to have a referral from a primary care physician (PCP) prior to treatment. Please check with your insurance carrier if you are in doubt.
• Please have any radiological studies complete at least one day prior to your appointment. If studies are completed any other facility besides a Sutter Solano, Sutter Regional Facilities, Solano Diagnostics, NorthBay, or Radnet (Vacaville Imaging and Vallejo Open MRI), please bring a copy of films and report.
• Please call our office if your studies are older than 6 months as we may need to order new studies prior to your appointment. If you were told by the radiology facility that your films are on a PACS System please call us prior to your appointment and notify us which facility to retrieve your images from.
• Clinic notes or operative reports from your referring physician that relate to your condition.
• Please bring a list of your current medications including the name of the drug, the strength of the dose, and the frequency of the dose.
• Please bring or wear a pair of shorts if you are being seen for your hip, knee, or low back.
• Please bring or wear a sleeveless shirt if you are being seen for your shoulder.
We strive to minimize wait times, however, we are not always able to anticipate all of our patients needs. There may be times when a wait is involved. We ask for your patience with us during these times, and please remember that we will spend as much time with you as needed. In addition, we will make every effort to inform you of potential delays in your appointment time.
Appointment Cancellations and Rescheduling
We request that appointments be cancelled in advance as a courtesy to our providers and the other patients. When an emergency arises, we will attempt to reschedule you as soon as possible. Please be advised, per our financial policy (available in our patient forms link above) if less than one business day notice, a $25 fee will be assessed.
Please do not call our office for refills. Refills of all medications are received by fax only from the Pharmacy. Please ensure your requests are received before 3pm the day prior to refill day. Refills may not be made after business hours, or on weekends. This is designed to prevent medication errors and allow for proper documentation of medications.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. Our office will always have a provider on-call in case of after-hour emergencies. In the event of an emergency when the clinic is closed, please call the answering service at 707-455-3504. The answering service will notify the provider on call to contact you. For all other concerns after hours please call 707-645-7210 and leave a message. We will get back to you the next business day.
Please refer to the list below regarding a complete list of insurance plans we accept. If you do not see your insurance plan on this list, please check with your insurance plan, and our office, as we may have recently added your plan. Since most insurance companies do not reimburse the total amount due, you will be responsible for any charges that are not covered under your plan. Contact our Office Manager (Monica Robertson) for any specific questions regarding billing.
Billing for Equipment Dispense
If you were prescribed any equipment in the office (splint, brace, cold therapy pack), it will be billed through a separate company: Total Care. Any questions regarding billing please call Total Care at (925) 930-7801.
We accept the following health care plans
Medicare, Tricare, Hill Physician HMO, Sutter Regional Medical Foundation HMO, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, Great West, Beech Street, Humana, United Health Care, Partnership Healthplan, & Partnership Advantage.
Should you have any questions prior to your visit, please feel free to contact the receptionist at (707) 645-7210 and we will be happy to assist you.
Important Phone Numbers
Bay Area Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Office Phone: (707) 645-7210
Office Fax: (707) 645-7249
Sutter Solano Medical Center: (707) 554-4444
Sutter Solano Medical Center, Pre-Operative Screening: (707) 554-5174
Sutter Fairfield Surgery Center: (707) 252-4411
Center for Specialized Surgery: (510) 724-6589
NorCal Specialty Surgery Center: (707) 396-5200
Bay Area Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine is handicapped accessible.